Pregnancy is often regarded with excitement, but no matter how eagerly a child's birth is anticipated, stress and other forms of emotional distress are likely to occur during the challenging period of pregnancy.
Pregnancy issues may be mild or serious, but they can affect the health of the mother and child, put strain on a romantic partnership and lead to life changes, both predicted and unpredictable.
What concerns that arise during pregnancy or after birth cause distress or otherwise affect one's mental health, we provide support and counselling for this delicate stage of life.
Why Pre-Natal Counselling?
- Between 15 and 20% of women experience clinically significant anxiety or depression during pregnancy and after childbirth
- Two thirds of mothers diagnosed with severe Postpartum Depression began experiencing changes in mood during pregnancy
- Sixty Percent of mothers with moderate Postpartum Depression had pregnancy complications such as gestational diabetes
- Stress experienced during pregnancy has been linked to premature birth, low birth, weight and risky behaviour during pregnancy.
- Most women experiences negative health issues - how modd and fearfulness for weeks following childbirth
- Postpartum Psychosis is rare but serious: includes delusions, rapid mood swings, paranoia and hallucinations and carries a 5% rate of suicide and a 4% rate of infanticide.
How Pre-Natal sessions can be helpful to you?
- Our therapy assures to reduce anxiety and depression in mothers (fathers too if needed)
- Counselling during all three trimesters of pregnancy leads to the healthier mental and physical conditions for mother
- Assistance for the coming life changes and guidance for preparing one's self as a parent
- Anger, Frustration, Fatigue and Anxiety management for mothers during and post pregnancy
- Counselling to parents for the preparation and management of upcoming child. Complete guidance for handling a newborn
- Grief Counselling, typically recommended after loss of a child can help parents come to terms with their loss, cope with their grief and prepare to try again
If you are an expecting mother or father - do book your appointment today for making your journey of parenting much smoother with our counselling.
Drop your request here and we will get back to you.